Monday, November 28, 2011

The posts on here have been few and far between. I figured I'd try to squeeze in a quick one before I drift off to dreamland assisted by some muscle relaxers. I threw out my back on Friday and haven't been able to get out of bed since. I went to the hospital and had an MRI and luckily there wasn't any major break or tear or anything like that. I either pulled a muscle real good or pinched a nerve, but man does it hurt something fierce. Quite unfortunately, tomorrow is the day I was scheduled to tour the CF Research facilities at Cincinnati Children's. Luckily, there is another date that I can do it. I would have been royally bummed to have missed that opportunity.

I haven't had much to write about lately. Health has been good, and I put a lot of that on the second hypertonic we are giving Drew each day. He's gotten a few colds and gotten over them without the help of antibiotics. Lately when he has sounded junky in his head it hasn't moved down to set up in his chest, so that's been pretty awesome. Maybe it's some immunity built up from last year or maybe it really is the hypertonic helping to keep that mucus thin and slippery the way it's supposed to be. We have an appointment at the clinic on Dec. 12. I haven't had to call the doc one time (knock on wood) since his last appointment, which up until this point has been unheard of. This is also the longest that he's ever gone without antibiotics. I couldn't be happier with his current health, and hope it continues this way!

No news with Quatro. I was going to talk to my OB about the DHA and GHS supplements that I was considering taking after having talked with Dr. Clancy but now this back problem has taken priority so we will wait until that problem is solved before we move on to the next thing. I still haven't really made up my mind on whether I want to bother taking them or not.

That's about all I've got for now! Hopefully I'll have more to share about good health and other positives soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment