Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Still waiting

Not a lot new these days. No baby yet, but the end is in sight. Fundraising for Great Strides is off to a good start, though I'm hoping to ramp things up somehow before all is said and done. Drew's health has been generally pretty good, and tomorrow we have our surgery follow up appointment. He's talking a lot more and I credit some of that to his sinuses finally being clear. I guess we'll see what the doctor says tomorrow. We are supposed to have our anniversary visit at the CF Clinic on Monday but I think I'm going end up changing it to later in March or early April. When we had the sinus surgery and bronchoscopy last month, they were able to draw the labs for his anniversary visit and everything came up roses. I talked to the doctor briefly about it all, since it was so good there wasn't much to discuss. And she's comfortable with not seeing him on Monday since he seems to be doing so well.

Doing well is such an awesome thing, but it doesn't shake the fear in the back of my head that the tables could turn with the snap of a finger. There are so many uncertainties with CF, where by one day you are perfectly healthy and the next you're running a fever and have a horrible lung infection. With us having this new baby right around the corner and leaving the kids for a night or two with other caregivers I'm especially worried about his health. Everyone who will be taking care of the kids in our absence is fully trained on his breathing treatments and airway clearance, but we still know him in a way no one else ever possibly could, and I know when a cough merits an extra treatment or a call to the doctor. Hopefully all will be fine, and we are just a phone call away if they need us.

I'm going to veg out on the couch now for a couple of hours before I go to bed. I'm totally exhausted and ready for this baby to get here, and hopefully, the next time I post on the blog it will be with the news of quatro's arrival!

1 comment:

  1. cant wait to hear about the baby!! So happy Drew is doing well!!

    ReplyDelete