Monday, May 21, 2012

Great Strides 2012

Our walk was this weekend and it was a huge success! We (Cincinnati, not our team) raised $340,000. The weather was perfect and the new route along the river was great. We have some extra shirts this year for anyone who wants to buy them. We are selling them for $5 + shipping (so pretty much $10 unless you live in another country). We also had our walks in Chicago, Buffalo, New London and Charleston. Still to come are Hawaii and New York. We're so happy that we have such great family and friends walking for Drew all over the country. Here are a couple of my favo pix from our big day:






Drew is still sick. We got put on Amoxicillin last week but he's still coughing a ton. I talked to his doctor again today and we switched antibiotics. He usually has a pretty good response to Omnicef so hopefully in another day he sounds at least improved if not totally back to normal. This illness just makes me want to get on Kalydeco more. It may not help him at all, but I'll never know unless I try it. If only it was available to me (sigh). Soon enough I suppose...but not soon enough.

Summer has officially begun here. School is out, dance is done and we are playing in the sprinkler and/or pool almost daily. The weather has been gorgeous but its supposed to get up to 90 here this weekend which will move us back indoors because of Drew's inability to tolerate such heat and humidity. He has so much trouble breathing when its so hot and humid here. We put a window AC unit in his bedroom so that its extra cool and comfortable for him to sleep.

I wish I had more time to blog. I have great thoughts I'd love to put down here, but they leave me as quickly as they come to me and I just can't seem to find the time to open the computer anymore. If only there were a few more hours in a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment